- Publication date
- Done Set, Done Set Quack Walks, Done Set Miyoo, Quack Walks, QuackWalks, Miyoo, Mini, Mini Plus, Mini +, Onion, Onion OS, Pack, Set, Done, Done-Set
- EBZero, TomBombadil723, Axcelon, drkhrse
Use the torrent option for faster/more reliable downloads. I like to use qBittorrent.
Here’s all the little problems I found after uploading Done Set. The irony!
First off, I really shit the bed when I uploaded the installation module zips inside one big zip. I should’ve uploaded a directory instead. What this means is that Windows will need double the space to unzip the contents of Done Set.zip because it uses the temp folders to store things and transfer them, BUT if we use 7zip, we can browse the contents of Done Set.zip and transfer the contents of each installation module one at a time.
1. I've included a theme that I remixed by, TheDewd, Super Onion Entertainment System. As I was tidying up the search icon, I found it temporarily adds one more to the list of consoles. It kinda sticks out alone and bugs MainUI, which is the problem here, not the theme itself. We would have to remove a whole system to fix that, so you can use that information at your discretion. I've removed Super Gameboy and Wonderswan from my personal SD card, and added DS.
a. Also, I thought my theme would auto-load, but it doesn’t, and the file, config.json, in Configs, Icon layout and Theme.zip\Saves\CurrentProfile\theme, will only make the battery percentage show up in a weird place. Delete it now or change it later within the Tweaks menu in Onion OS apps.
2. ScummVM is not as straightforward as the other emulators. There's an option at the bottom of the game list to import games to ScummVM from the \Roms\SCUMMVM folder. This is used if you want to add new games and we’ll have to use it after installing Onion. So, at the bottom of the ScummVM game list, select, “~Import games” and press A. Choose the naming scheme, “Use database name (no parens)”. Once we’re back to the game list, we see that it installed superfluous versions of the games. These are safe to delete from the game list and are easily identified by the lack of box art. Scroll to one without box art and press the Select button to open a menu, then choose Delete and confirm. Lastly, Press Y while in the game list and choose, “refresh list”.
a. Leisure Suit Larry 3 can't access the graphic keyboard when using the verified ScummVM core. The standalone version will work. After Installing the standalone version of ScummVM, import and run the games from the expert menu. This is the reason why Leisure Suit 1 and 2 weren’t included, but I thought the 3rd was playable without installing the standalone version.
3. Just found out Retroacheivements for PS1 Multi-disc games can work. For each .m3u file in Roms/PS, open with a text editor or in Onion’s file explorer, and delete the first slash on each line. For example, “/.hidden/Chrono Cross (Disc 1).chd” should be, “.hidden/Chrono Cross (Disc 1).chd” without the quotes. While you can now enable and use retroacheivements for all PS1 games, this slows down save states quite a bit.
4. GTA London for PS1 is screwed up. It's asking for a disk, but I never had a problem when this game was in .pbp format.
5. Loaded for PS1 has CD audio that won’t loop. The problem doesn’t occur when we use the .pbp format of the game.
6. Doom port: Master Levels won't start because the file, MASTERLEVELS.wad, should be MASTERLEVELS.WAD. Maybe I'm just a noob, but I've found that Onion's file manager doesn't like to rename the file if it's only capitalization changes. Copy it somewhere first, rename it, delete the original, then move the renamed copy back to the original location. Of course, we could make all these changes using another operating system, like Windows, if we want, no problem.
7. I've found a Pico-8 game, Explorers, that locks up my mini v2 something fierce. There's probably more. I wish I could've tested all 15,000-or-whatever games on this thing.
8. The box art for Genesis 32X versions of NFL Quarterback something or other and Pitfall have an extra space in the file name, so they don’t show up. I’m guessing this is for all 3 options of box art. Just delete the image file without the extra space, then rename and remove the extra space in the other.
9. My changes to the GBC folder didn't make it to the upload for some reason. There might be a few duplicates in there. It's also missing the homebrew from Platform Explorer Pack.
10. I could have resized the Japanese 2D box art to fit better.
11. I think some unlicensed games never made it into the unlicensed folder (or there’s duplicates) for a couple systems because they lack the file name decoration and I missed them in the search. I’m pissed but, eh, there’s not many.
12. Maniac Mansion for ScummVM, the 2D box art and 3 image mix options never made it for whatever reason. Drives me insane! But the default is there to take their places.
13. The config.json files within the EMU folder: some have names that won’t fit right when used with other themes and their larger fonts. I’m so sorry I didn’t double check this after I tried to shorten them. If it bothers you, open them up with a text editor and shorten the names, but make sure to keep the same amount of spaces on each side of the name. The spaces are used to sort the systems
If a game doesn’t work, we can try using a different core, or just delete it. It’s likely that there’s some funky hacks and homebrew like that won’t fully work
That's all the problems I've found so far.
Please let me know of any issues that slipped by me for some reason. I wanna know! (Do test things thoroughly to make sure it’s truly broken)
- 2023-09-21 01:36:57
- Internet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.7.0
Subject: Included Box Arts are a bit too low resolution
Not sure what you did with 3-img mix xml, but the ebzero git 3 image mix does not match with what you have in your 3 img mix box arts, and they are very low res, the MM+ is running at 480p so the box arts being 240p is kinda making it pixelated in onion os, please up the res of box art if you can
Edit : What is the .advance folder in BIOS Folder? is it a bios?
Subject: To the person below:
Subject: Great set
Vectrex games have flickering video and crunchy weird audio on the Miyoo mini+.
I also wasn’t sure if the Wonderswan games are supposed to be translated, since they’re all in Japanese.
Subject: ScummVM lsl1 and lsl2 missing
I have really wanted to try the DOS and ScummVM and Ports collections but after watching a few YouTube instructional videos I have been apprehensive to attempt it.
Thank you for doing the heavy lifting!
Just one question.... in the ScummVM Roms folder the first 2 Leisure Suit Larry games folders and shortcuts are missing.
I haven't seen anybody else mention this, and it is not mentioned in your 'known issues' list.
Am I missing something?
Subject: Excellent hand crafted set
I have added my own CPS1/CPS2 collection and am currently curating an AMIGA set, which I hope to upload to supplement this fantastic collection (and which inspired me to start putting it together).
Subject: Amazing set after some tinkering
Subject: This guy..
Subject: Simply amazing
Subject: A very nice set, indeed!
Subject: MARVEL VS CAPCOM
Subject: Marvel Vs Capcom issue
Subject: One and Done, Done-Set is all you need
While it’s impossible for any curated collection of games to get EVERYONES favorites, everyone’s got their weird childhood games they love through nostalgia, this one comes amazingly close to covering every base I had.
The top rated/most popular games for each system are presented front and center in the Games List, with all the rest available in a subfolder right at the top.
Adding your own games from other collections or your existing collection is easy, drag and drop and process.
The ports collection is an especially nice touch, as finding the correct files for some of those games was hard for me even when I already had the game installed on my computer.
The configs for the emulators have each one looking and behaving exactly as you want.
Everything so far has been an excellent experience, I even found myself loading up the PDF Reader and flipping through some manuals right there on my MM+. Neat stuff.
All in all, I have to say, if you have a Miyoo Mini or a Miyoo Mini+ you owe it to yourself to check this collection out, it quickly became my new favorite setup for my favorite handheld.